Author: David Bouchard
Illustrated by: Moses Beaver
Paperback with CD: 32 page(s)
Age Range: 4 - 8
Ontario curriculum: Language - Reading
Best-selling Canadian author David Bouchard reworks Canada-???+-?-+s oldest and most well-known carol, The Huron Carol. The art of Moses Beaver, from the fly-in reserve of Summer Beaver, Ontario (Nikinamik), resonates and awakens an awareness that is at once exciting and empowering, a way for all people to understand the birth of Christ from an Aboriginal worldview. The pride of the north, Susan Aglukark, interprets, for the first time, the revered carol.
Written in French and in Inuktituk, the language of Canada-???+-?-+s Inuit people, the book is accompanied by a CD, which includes a reading in both languages and a performance by Susan. An Aboriginal Carol is certain to become a classic.
- The ultimate Aboriginal collaboration:
- Poetry by Metis poet David Bouchard,
- Paintings by First Nations artist Moses Beaver, and
- The music of Inuit singer Susan Aglukark
- White Ravens' Outstanding New International Books for Children and Young Adults list, 2008